Established in 1989, Connor Contracting, Inc. has expanded its capabilities and has grown in size as each of the four principals, founder Michael Connor and brothers Stephen, John and Fred, has brought his distinct expertise to the operation of the company.
Celebrating 30 Years of Quality Service
Our expertise includes commercial, industrial, institutional, and historic preservation projects with General Contract, Design-Build, and Construction Management formats. With a skilled field and office staff motivated by opportunities for personal and professional growth, our team is uniquely positioned to provide quality construction and management services. Every phase of every project at Connor Contracting, Inc. is handled professionally and efficiently by our dedicated staff. From our experienced office staff to our carpenters in the field to our seasoned project management teams, every employee shares the owners' passion to deliver quality results.
- General Contracting
- Construction Management
- Pre-construction Services
- Site Selection
- Development Permitting
- In-house CAD Drawing
- Subcontractor Prequalification
- Value Engineering of Plans & Specifications
- “Onsite coordination, communication and professionalism are just some of the greatest strengths of Connor Contracting. Every project within Gifford Medical Center is to be met with strict guidelines, dust control, ventilation, and isolation between active and non-active work areas.CCI has always provided exceptional service in maintaining these requirements, and that of the day to day operations of our organization.”
Doug B. Pfohl
Director of Facilities
Gifford Medical Center
- "Thanks so much for all of your hard work at Willard Mill in St Albans, and in Enosburg and Richford. Your commitment, attention to detail, and proactive view of the work, produced three successful and beautiful buildings. It was a true pleasure working with you. I’ll look forward to the next one."
- "I am pleased that we chose Connor Contracting for several reasons. One, transparency: You said good paper makes for a good understanding and you have worked hard at informing us along the way of changes. The project has come within a few percent of the bid price. Two, integrity: I have found you to be straight forward and honest throughout this project. Finally, quality: I believe we have a quality built office we can all be proud of. I am satisfied with the workmanship and your efforts to get things right in my suite and the building as a whole. I will be sure to recommend you to my colleagues, just like they recommended you to me."
Dr. Joseph Nasca, MD
Georgia Med Group
- "I had the distinct pleasure to work with Mike Connor and the entire team at Connor Contracting on our project in Enosburg. They rose to the challenge with high integrity, commitment to purpose, flexibility during adversity, and an enduring commitment to the best interests of all the parties involved. Whether it was attention to detail in the bidding process with subcontractors, or coordinating with the sometimes arduous permitting issues every project faces, to dealing with subcontractor issues, I always knew that Mike had the best interests of the project at heart."
- "I have had the distinct privilege of having worked with Connor Contracting, Inc. for better than ten years on a variety of projects ranging in size and complexity. Their sincere dedication to the success of the project is only exceeded by their forthright relationship with the owner. This has been demonstrated over and over again by their open book approach and the quality of their staff and crew. I would not hesitate to recommend the services of CCI."
Joe Greene, AIA
Joseph Architects, LLC
- "Connor Contracting is a well-run, professional business whose focus is on a customer’s needs and customer service. We had the best of results on our most recent project.
We got what every customer wants; a job well done, on time and at the agreed price. I would recommend them to anyone."
St Albans Cooperative Creamery
- "I have had the pleasure of working with John Connor and his team at Connor Contracting for approximately five years. Connor Contracting was highly recommended as an organization with great experience in helping businesses see a project from investigation to completion. John [and his brother] Fred helped us assess the strengths and challenges of each site and at the same time were meeting with our Board members and key staff about what was needed in a new facility and what kind of a project we could afford. The construction of our new school and administrative building was completed last summer. The project came in at the budgeted amount and we experienced no program delays throughout the entire project (approximately 9 months). We are very pleased with our new home and greatly appreciate the efforts of the entire team at Connor Contracting."
Laraway Youth & Family Services
- "I would recommend, and have recommended, Connor Contracting to anyone who is looking for a General Contractor. Every step of the way [during our renovation], we felt that we were presented with all of the options and related costs when decisions had to be made and that we were in control of our project. This is invaluable when construction is not your area of expertise!"
Janice Guyette CPA,CFO
Washington County Mental Health
- "Throughout the entire process, Connor Contracting taught us about important construction details, clarified options available to us, and shared with us your expertise. They even hung in there about paint colors! We now have a beautiful building that is fast becoming the hub of our community. Thank you for making it such a grand building and for ensuring a process that was well-researched, carefully documented, and monitored with integrity – all with a great smile!"
Bent Northrop Memorial Library
- "It is a real pleasure to work with a company that treats customers, subcontractors, and design professionals with honesty and integrity. This happens at Connor Contracting, starting with the Owners and continuing down through all of the people we work with on the construction site."
Vermont Heating & Ventilation
- "We have been working with Connor Contracting for a number of years and enjoy every aspect from the office staff, estimators, project managers and owners. The pride they show in the projects they do, along with their team of people and the work ethic behind them, makes them an all-around great company to deal with."
The Glass Connection
- "Having had the pleasure of working with Connor Contracting on a number of projects in the past and present, I would like to say it is a pleasure working with a company that is exceptional in completing projects in a timely manner while always having quality in sight. The strong communication between owners and subcontractors is also a key part of success in Connor projects."
Firetech Sprinkler Corp
- "As an Interior designer I always look forward to my projects with Connor Contracting. They have a great attention to detail, a professional staff and they are a pleasure to work with. Whether it’s a commercial or residential project, finish details are important. Project managers meet with me regularly, ensuring that the designer, owner and contractors are in agreement. That is vital to a successful project."
Allen’s Kitchen and Bath
- "The very first time I interacted with Connor Contracting was approximately 17 years ago. They were hired to renovate an old carpentry shop into a conference center. At the time I was very impressed as to their professionalism, attention to details during construction, and their ability to finish on time and on budget. Since that time I have hired them for other projects and have never been dissatisfied with their performance."
Director of Facilities
Vermont State Colleges
- "Over the past several years we have had the privilege of working with Connor Contracting as a pre-qualified subcontractor on several projects within the Central Vermont area. It has truly been a pleasure working with the competent staff employed by this firm. From the owners and the office staff to the skilled laborers in the field, commitment and attention to detail is a top priority. We sincerely appreciate the open lines of communication as well as the ability to solve the unforeseen but inevitable problems that surface on any project."
Stuart Clark, Jr.
Mid-Vermont Electric, Inc.
- "John has been extremely professional throughout the entire estimating, planning, construction and follow-up phases. He leads a team of highly competent, knowledgeable, and reliable workers, and stays on top of all subcontractors. From my experience, John and Connor Contracting work very well with the various players involved in such a complex building process such as the architects, engineers, bankers, clients, workers, subs, etc."
Coffee Lab International and Vermont Artisan Coffee & Tea Co.